Wednesday, March 26, 2008

It's Official!


Well it's almost official....I'm graduating from college and it's only taken me 12 years to get here. Today I went to the Grad Fair where you can purchase your cap and gown, and I also picked up my graduation packet which is the last official paperwork required for graduation I just have to fill it out and turn it back in and then it will be really official. OK so here's the thing anyone reading this who actually knows me knows that I'm incredibly emotional, right? So I'm at the grad fair which is really a room set up to sell you things and not just your cap and gown (and yes I now own my cap and gown) but all manner of graduation items not to mention school memorabilia it's their last chance to make money off of us graduating seniors. Well of course I fall for it hook line a sinker. In my defence I only purchased Announcements that I needed and a zip up hoodie that I've been wanting anyway. While I was standing there looking at the Announcements trying to decide if I needed one pack or two it sort of hit me that I'm actually graduating and I kid you not I almost teared up right there. Let me just say that I think this behavior is out of control it's a month till graduation and I'm already on the road to being a basket case. I'm going to have to remember tissues and waterproof mascara for the Ceremony. I'm actually a little terrified of graduating but I'm so excited at the same time. That's probably how most graduates feel but this has been a long time in the making for me so maybe I'm entitled to a little sappiness.

1 comment:

Desi said...

Isn't it the greatest feeling? I'm so proud of you. Congrats little sis!

A brief glimpse into the life of a slightly scattered girl.