Thursday, March 20, 2008

Tiny Emergency



This morning I had a little emergency that made me late for class. Here's the story... I have a favorite necklace it's a small amethyst stone (my birthstone) on a delicate silver chain. My parents gave this necklace to me for my birthday, I think it was for my 21st (I'm 30 now so you do the math) I love this necklace I wear it with any outfit that doesn't have specific, coordinating jewelry to match. I hang many of my necklaces on the knob of the medicine cabinet in my bathroom that's over my sink. This morning when I reached for a different necklace that was under the aforementioned necklace I accidentally knocked the amethyst one into the sink and it immediately fell down the drain. I think my heart actually skipped a beat. Have you ever done something like that, lost something that means allot to you? I'll bet most of you have and it's an awful feeling. Well I didn't want it to be gone forever so I called my dad and asked him how to best recover the necklace. He gave me some directions for how to get the P trap off and walked me though it on the phone. It turned out to be pretty easy and I did retrieve the necklace so all was not lost. But I have to say that I'm pretty proud of myself that I... A) kept my head and B) opened the drain by myself( well with dad's directions). So now maybe I can charge as a plumber..... well maybe not. But anyway, disaster averted.

No comments:

A brief glimpse into the life of a slightly scattered girl.