Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Rain in Maine....

Well week two of my Maine adventure is complete. I find I'm still adjusting to everything here and I've had some bouts of homesickness, I just miss everyone back home so much. I've also discovered that things you take completely for granted can really make your day. I.E. since I got here I've been wanting peanut butter toast or a toasted bagel but we didn't have a toaster but earlier this week someone brought a toaster over and put it in the common room and when I went and toasted my bagel I was very excited. I know that's probably sounds stupid but I thought I was going to do without any toast for the whole summer so it was a definite bright spot in the week. It's been raining most of the week but I don't mind that at all because it's considerably cooler when it rains and the humidity at least feels normal when it's raining instead of hot and sticky which I'm not a big fan of. Well as promised here are more pictures for the week.


This Gazebo is on the town Green it was decorated for Memorial Day. It was so cute I had to take a picture. When I first saw it it wasn't decorated but I did immediately think of the Gilmore Girls.


This is the view from our windows at the fort it was rainy that morning that's where all the mist comes from. I think it's really pretty. You can't see it in this picture but there are water falls right out this window they are similar to the falls in Idaho Falls it's nice to look outside when I'm having my lunch and see the water and the seagulls. In fact this is the window where I saw the Bald Eagle last week but he flew away before I could get my camera out.


This is my supervisor Jacob he is trying on the "Bustopher Jones" costume from cat's I know it looks like we're goofing off but we were actually trying to figure out how much padding was needed to make the costume look right but it was pretty funny so I took a picture.


Just a street lamp but I thought it was pretty.


We had a company promotion Patsy Cline Karaoke at The "Sea Dog" which is a pub the place is in another old mill building and when I go in there it reminds me of my favorite song "Brandy" This is a bunch of the interns singing Don't Stop Believing.


This is one of my roommates, Carrie, at the Pasty Cline Karaoke night.


This is the Fat Boy Diner Jacob took me there for lunch yesterday. It's an original 50's or 60's Drive up.


See that look of terror on my face? That's a lobster roll in my hand and I did actually eat the whole thing...I didn't hate it but there was kind of a lot of mayo so I'm withholding final judgment.


This is Gelato Fiasco which is a shop that sells hand made Gelato "Italian ice cream" we worked really hard yesterday so Jacob took me after work it was very delicious.


I decided to go for a walk this morning and lo and behold just up the street I found this foot path in the woods so I had a nice morning walk in the woods.


Isn't it pretty I walked for about a half hour and would have walked longer but I was beginning to feel like I'd taken too many turns in the woods that I worried I'd get lost on the way back. I was thinking "Where are my bread crumbs when I need them?"



Well that was pretty much my week I'm sure I'll be back next week with more to show and tell. I love you all and I miss you but I'm doing okay for now.

2 comments:

Nate said...

I love all the trees around there, everything looks really beautiful. We miss you too, but are just thrilled that you get to have this cool adventure. Take care!

The Proud Grandparents said...

The gazebo reminds me of a Norman Rockwell step back in time. How fun. The lamplight is great, view of your supervisor and costume place is nice to see too. Looks like you have many different eating places to try (proud of you for trying the lobster). The wooded area is very beautiful - glad you had a nice walk. Thank you for sharing events of your summer adventure and of the area. Keep the chin up - Love you.

A brief glimpse into the life of a slightly scattered girl.