Monday, August 10, 2009

Stuff that I do

So my mom asked me last week why I never post on my blog any more and my response was that I don't feel like I have anything interesting to blog about. Then the next day I was up in the grad studio helping Nate with his model for Glass Menagerie (I'm his assistant designer) and I thought about what I was working on and to me it's just everyday stuff that I don't think of as interesting but I'm sure my mom would find interesting and I thought that maybe the rest of my family might like to see it as well. So I will apologize if your really not interested in this stuff but then again maybe you will be.


This is a 1/4 inch scale model of a chaise lounge it's not finished yet it will still need to be painted and have some detail work done on it.


This is a table in the same scale to give you and idea of how small it is I set a ruler behind it, as you can see the table top is probably less than an inch long.


This is the table in progress. I use balsa wood and cut the pieces to a rough size then carve them with an exacto knife and sand them with an emery board nail file to get the shape I want. then I glue the pieces together with super glue gel. Then I paint them with gesso.


I will be finishing these pieces and making a few more. When I do I will post more pictures so you can see how they turn out.

1 comment:

The Proud Grandparents said...

Very intricate work. Good going.

A brief glimpse into the life of a slightly scattered girl.