Monday, August 10, 2009

Nail Polish




There is almost nothing in life that I love as much as taking time to pamper myself. One of my favorite things to do is to give myself a manicure and pedicure. I love nail polish. When I was younger in my early college days I used to wear all kinds of crazy shades of nail polish most of them in the purple shades. Although I did once have a black polish that I wore with a glittery topcoat called "Millennium". I remember that, because, I used to say that the two together were Black Millennium and my friend said that maybe that was a little ominous since it was right before 2000. As I have gotten older and, I like to think, a little classier I no longer wear bright colors on my fingernails, I always wear a french manicure. I think it's classy and it goes with everything. That, however, doesn't stop me from wearing bright colors on my toes, in fact my conservative nails might be why I like to go a little crazy with my toes. I have over this summer been searching out new fun colors for toenail polish.

And you have to admit nail polish color names tend to be fun. the colors pictured above are from left to right Basket Case, Coconut Kiss (how they got that for purple I'll never know), Moonlit Madness, It's up to Blue, Tree Hugger, and Tangerine Tint.

This week my toes are purple.

2 comments:

The Proud Grandparents said...

Yes, you have always liked fun nail polish colors. Those pictured are a pretty array of color.

Lindsay said...

I recognize the turquoise shade! It's fantastic in the bottle and even better when off set by orange sandals.

I hope you are enjoying your break!

A brief glimpse into the life of a slightly scattered girl.