Monday, August 23, 2010

What I did this summer - or - Things I learned in Maine

So this is it my last blog post from Maine. I thought that I would start off by posting a link to Maine State Music Theatre's website, where you can see videos of most of the shows that we did this summer. If you watch the video for Spamalot keep in mind that in the last song of "Always Look On The Bright Side of Life" I'm onstage behind the castle, it's my secret cameo. This week I've still been dressing Spamalot and that's going more smoothly now, and I've also been working on the Co-design of Alice in Wonderland. Some of the pictures I am posting are shots of the Girl playing Alice in her costume for so publicty shot (but I took these of course)I'm also posting pictures of various items that we were considering as options for the show, however, not all of them made it to the show. It's been a fun crazy sometimes awefull sometimes wonderful summer and I thought I'd make a list of what I learned in Maine.

1. I don't realy like lobster I tried it and I don't hate the flavor but I can't do the texture.
2.I think I could learn to like fish if it's really fresh.
3.I hate humidity!
4.The Big Top deli makes a delishious turkey club...yum!
5.Being nice doesn't always make people respect you.
6.I don't care about that last one I'm not going to stop being nice.
7.I'm physicaly capable of things I didn't think I would be capable of i.e. running up and down stairs more than 10 times a show.
8. I should never work at a job where I'm have to work alone in a room with no one to talk to...it makes me a little crazy.
9.Even when it's hard and I'm exhausted I still love theatre.
10.Roomates can be fun and they can keep you sane.
11. I love my family and I can always count on them to see me through hard times(althought I knew that before I came to Maine)
12.I miss really good squeezy hugs from my friends.
13.A somewhat narrow galley-style kitchen is actualy quite a luxury.
14.It is possible to make good food even when you only shop for two or three days at a time.
15.I love my car and miss it a lot!
16 Hannaford is a lovely grocery store and I wish they were located in the west.
17. The Altantic ocean is cold!
18.I am weaker than I thought I was but more resilient then I thought I was.
19.I'm a western girl, even though New England is lovely and I do think I could live here I will always be a western girl. I like mountains, wide open vistas, and the warm and friendly people.
20. There are many wonderfull and talented people here who have made my time away from my home bearable/wonderful and I hope that I will be able to keep in touch with many of them.


Well it's been a great summer and I have about two and a half days left but I'm very excited to come home but I will miss the new friends I have made here.




1 comment:

The Proud Grandparents said...

Great lessons learned plus the associations seem to have been good.

A brief glimpse into the life of a slightly scattered girl.