Monday, August 2, 2010

Change of Pace and a day off!

This week has been alternately a hard week and a fun week. I think it's been difficult because I'm getting closer to the end and yet it's still a substantial amount of time left, roughly a third of my total time here was left to go at the beginning of the week. However, I got to go work at the costume shop on Saturday which I was nervous about (new situation) but it turned out to be allot of fun and one of their stichers had been hurt earlier in the week so they were very grateful for my help, it was nice to be appreciated. In fact, they asked me if I would be willing to come in on my Sunday day off to help more and I agreed to because it was really enjoyable to get to work with people for a change. Then on our Monday day off my roommates invited me to go to Freeport with them then we went to a company picnic at a board members house. It was a perfect day, warm but not too hot, and the house and the water was beautiful.

My roommates and I had a feast of zucini, squash, potatoes, and chicken it was delicious. the above video is me trying to be clever and document cooking in the tiny kitchen we share but I probably sound like an idiot. Oh well I was having fun. This is me working all alone at the fort in fact I took this picture with the timer on my camera thus the poor photographic quality. On Saturday when I worked in the shop I went to the mall to get a hot dog from a stand in the park and there was a band playing in the gazebo and two of my roommates where there and one of the electrics interns showed up it was nice to have lunch in the park and poke a little fun at the quality of the band (clearly High School aged boys) Perfect Saturday in the Summer atmosphere. These are photos of the lovely location of our company picnic I believe this is the home of one of the board members of the Theatre. There was good food and it was so beautiful and I got to go on a boat ride in the bay but I forgot to take my camera on the boat. Well that's one more week down and now I'm at about three and a half weeks to go I think I'm going to be very busy for the rest of my time here but I think that will be good so I don't have time to feel homesick. Until next week....

1 comment:

The Proud Grandparents said...

Great photos of things you get to do, see, and people you get to be with. Thanks for sharing.

A brief glimpse into the life of a slightly scattered girl.