Sunday, October 3, 2010

Happy October

Well, at the end of the summer I said that I was going to try and keep up with blogging one a week like I did while in Maine. It's been about a month and I've failed miserably but I'm going to try to do better. So what's been keeping me so busy that I couldn't take a minute to write on my blog, you ask? Well a couple of things. First of all the whole pesky school thing with it's homework and time consuming projects has been a big part of it. The weekend after I got back to Utah I then jaunted off to California to visit my sister and her family, to meet my new nephew. (he is so cute I can hardly stand it!) My best friend got a great job and moved away so I was spending time with him before he left. My best girl friend got married so that was a trip home for that. And then there's been the fact that I've been trying to get unpacked with all of these other things going on. But I can finally say that after a weekend of concerted effort I have finally unpacked the last box and cleaned the place, so I'm officially moved in. I've even done a little decorating mostly concentrated in the living room for now. So That's my update and I'll try to be good and write again next weekend.
The trip to CA

At lunch with my beautiful niece Ari


My nieces and my new nephew


Celebrating mom and dad's birthdays and anniversary.


I made Sunday dinner for my friend Nate before he moved I bought some inexpensive flowers and arranged them and I also made this no-bake Oreo pie. it was so yummy.

This my lamp project. I took some lamps that I already had, spray painted them black, found white shades, then bought some black trim for the shades. What do you think?
Before...

And after

I bought an inexpensive love seat and chair and I was able to buy a slipcover I liked for the sofa but my mom and I found this cute stripped fabric so I'm making a slip cover for my chair. It's still not finished but I just have to take some darts at the corners and add ties.

This is what my living room looks like I'm not done with the placement of things on the walls, I feel like I need something else but I'm not sure what yet. and I'd really like a small coffee table but I haven't found something suitable. and I'm going to add an accent color, I'm thinking pear green. But it is starting to feel decorated and livable.

2 comments:

The Proud Grandparents said...

Thanks for the update, the pictures, etc. Your livingroom is looking really nice. Great job on the lamp shades too.

Desi said...

I love the living room...it very cute!

A brief glimpse into the life of a slightly scattered girl.