Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Goodies

My favorite thing about Christmas is all the traditions and the smells and sounds of the the season. One of the things I remember about Christmases as a kid are all the fun treats my mom would make, cheese balls, and candies, and peanut brittle. I don't remember lots of cookies at Christmas, my sisters might have different memories but I'm a little younger so mom might have cut some of those things from her very long to do list by the time that I was old enough to remember. But one cookie that I do remember, and it's one of my favorite Christmas treats, are Russian teacakes. Now that my finals are over I finally had time to do some baking. So I made these Russian teacakes for the party I had the other night. They are simple to make and I think they are a little fancier than a regular cookie. It was fun to spend a little time in the kitchen.


These cookies are nice because they aren't too sweet. You roll them in confectioners sugar after they are baked so they are frosty, wintry, white. I think they look pretty on a Christmas table.

2 comments:

The Proud Grandparents said...

The Russian tea cakes look so yummy - don't know why I haven't made those in years because they are very tasty. We may have to make some when you come home for Christmas break. Thanks for the reminder.

Desi said...

I have been wanting Russian teacakes for forever...I have been planning on making them next week when I have a little more time and this just makes me want them even more.

Your blog looks really cute too!

A brief glimpse into the life of a slightly scattered girl.